Personal Note: We used this detergent (Tide Free) back in the first year of diapering. It did an excellent job of cleaning the diapers. However, when we switched I realized that my oldest child was sensitive to enzymes. The redness that only came when we were out and about for the day or visiting the grandma's never came back when we switched to an enzyme free detergent. Enzymes effect skin the longer the diaper is on. If you change frequently like I did, skin damage from enzymes can go undetected.
So I pulled her out of cloth while I search for a place in Houston that sells HE compatible laundry detergent free of brighteners, fabric softeners, enzymes, dyes, and fragrances. I've found one online store (based in Houston) and another pharmacy in Sugar Land that sells SOMETHING that will work. Hopefully, one has what I need in stock.
Just in case anyone is interested, here is the link to the detergents page that just about every cloth diaper website references on laundry: http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentchoices.htm
I never knew Houston had so little interest in all things natural.
Maybe there is room in the market for my own retail business?
Will let you know how the hunt for detergent goes.
3 comments:
Paul and I will prolly be going to Aggieland in the next couple of weeks and can bring back some detergent from that place in Bryan if you like.
Blast it, the place in Sugar Land seems to no longer be open. I went ahead an ordered online; hopefully it will get here in a day or two. I'm going to see if Whole Foods or HEB will special order some for me when I have more time. Thanks for the offer!
Yeah that stinks. There's totally a gap in the market...you could make millions, E! ;-)
Post a Comment