Charlotte is 9 months old today!
Yay!
I planned and even started a big post to commemorate the event, but things have just not gone our way this week...
First the bug bite drama - Charlotte still bears the marks of the bites, but no longer the bright-red puffiness.
Friday I unknowingly let Charlotte eat spinach that had been sautéed in butter. When her lunch ended up all over me a few hours later, I laid to rest any doubts I had about her still having a milk allergy. Poor baby girl did NOT feel well the rest of the day.
After a long day Saturday, some time in the heat at Ernest's graduation and a "late" night out to dinner, I noticed Charlotte felt a little warm, but wrote it off to the business of the day. Several hours later, I realized she was burning up. I've spent the last two days trying to get her to sleep like she should (last night was an evil battle that lasted until 2 am) and trying to keep her happy. We're on a regimen of Tylenol and Motrin to keep the fever at bay until I can get her into the pediatrician tomorrow - our terrible luck that she'd get sick over a holiday. Every now and then I let the medicine wear off, but the fever quickly bounces up to 101 - 103.
There are no other symptoms to her illness, aside from the irritability and screaming as though in extreme pain while I attempted to rock her to sleep. I am going to strike at least extreme pain off the list though, as my fed up self put her on the floor and turned on the light around 1:15 this morning where she played happily for half an hour.
Finally, after she fell asleep around 8 pm (only an hour late), Fred and I noticed a big puddle growing on our kitchen floor. The AC drainage pipes had backed up and the water was dripping through one of the vents. Not so good.
We lack the proper tools to blow it out, so Dad was here until close to 11 pm helping Fred (aka doing most of the work) clean out the blockage.
So much for a nice, relaxing, 3 day weekend to take care of the plethora of things that need to be completed around here.
Sigh.
Will let you know how the doctor's visit goes tomorrow. I have no experience with unexplained fevers, but I am going to guess an ear infection - at least that sounds like the simplest, easiest to resolve, issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment