Friday, July 18, 2008

Cloth Reflections

So after two months of full time cloth diapering, these are my thoughts.
  1. I hate stuffing pocket diapers. I am so lazy! Why do I forget this about myself? I got all excited about a SALE and bought more of the BumGenius 3.0s than I originally intended instead of more all-in-one diapers. I saved a little extra cash in the long run because I purchased the size adjustable diapers, but all in all, I rather just wash and go! Something to remember if I'm make future cloth diaper purchases.
  2. Cloth wipes- flannel-rock! I received a gift package of 12 when Cotton Babies made a small goof on my order. They work way better than washcloths that aren't 100% cotton.
  3. Screw the changing table. I use a travel pad on the bed for wet diapers (and the easier poopy) and a cushioned pad on the bathroom floor for the poopy ones.
  4. Aviod blueberries. They make for a stain and a mess on the other end. Too bad Charlotte loves them.
  5. Finally, after 6 weeks, and some blueberries, I caved and dunked a messy poopy diaper in the toilet. It turned out better than I'd dreaded, but still, I found myself wondering, "How did I get here?" Although I thought I'd regret that we'd not yet installed a sprayer on the back of the toilet for icky messes, somehow the dunking thing seems cleaner.
  6. Still in the hole from the initial purchase, but 2 months in cloth means around $80 that we haven't spent on items destined for a landfill. Excellent!

No comments: