Friday, July 4, 2008

Whoa! Where'd That Come From?

Charlotte broke two new teeth right around 2 weeks ago and the drool slowed down for about a week and returned in mass quantities in the last few days. She's been sleepless the last couple of nights and her crankiness this afternoon prompted us to pull out the baby orajel. That's when I felt it.

Our 10-month old baby has 9 teeth! Yes 9!

It seems as though her top front molars are coming in, although I'm so bad at judging these things that it may be a cuspid. It's not as though she'll allow me to take a good long look :-).

She has been a teething monster, getting her bottom two teeth at 4.5 months, top 4 incisors by 7 months, additional bottom incisors at 9.5 months, first molars at 10 months. INSANE. Her toothy grin doesn't look like a baby's anymore.

AVERAGE tooth patterns in infants:




With all the continued crankiness and drooling, you can bet we she's probably working on the same tooth on the other side.

Anyway, since she wouldn't go to sleep and then woke up an hour after she did go to sleep, I'm going to sleep a little before she's up again - probably every hour and a half all night long...

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow - it looks like she's way ahead judging from the picture! Hope you guys are getting decent sleep!

Elizabeth said...

If I could pick something for her to be way ahead in, teeth would not be that one thing :-P

She's finally sleeping a bit better - until tonight, probably, since I just jinxed myself, I'm sure...

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Maybe she's part alligator?