Tuesday, July 15, 2008

They're Back!

So, I must admit that I tried to hide my disappointment at not getting to go to Africa on a safari with the rest of my family. Maybe I hid it better at some times than others, but really, my family now includes this precious little girl who I wouldn't leave for three weeks and wouldn't take to remote Africa, so there was never a question of us going. That doesn't mean I didn't want to go; it just means I have my priorities in line ;-).

They brought back a ton of cool photos, which made me wish I could have gone even more. The one below is Christy with the cape buffalo she killed. Don't worry, not a bit of any animal killed was wasted, as they distributed anything my family did not eat to the surrounding villages where people are grateful for the food.


Of course, Charlotte received more attention upon our arrival at my parent's house yesterday (I know, she's a lot cuter than me). Quickly, though, everyone gathered to watch me open my souvenir. Mom pulled out a stack of jewelry pouches and said she didn't know which one was mine, but said I could just open them until we go to to mine. I began pulling out beautiful pairs of tanzanite and diamond earrings.


"Sweet," I thought, "these are beautiful!" and eagerly looked for the pair someone would declare mine. (Image borrowed from the web.)



I came to the last pouch without having coming across mine, "Down to the last one! That one is yours."

THIS is what I got!

My reaction, "Oh, My God! Wow!"
So, it feels good to know that my presence was missed :-).

3 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Holy GEEZ Elizabeth!!! That's gorgeous! :-)

Tasha said...

Wow - too fun! And I can't WAIT to see a video of Charlotte's first steps!

Elizabeth said...

When Daddy comes home tonight we'll try to get a video of her teetering a few steps. Yesterday she took two steps, this morning, several!