So yesterday was another day at the Doctor’s office for me (39 Weeks!). It’s funny how all you have to do for everyone to know your name is show up every single week! I’m sure some women end up there more often than that, so I’m counting my blessings.
Baby and I had another ultrasound this week, but a different tech took care of us, so we didn’t get any of the usual great shots. After getting to see my baby’s cute face so many times, it was really disappointing to only see a fuzzy, head-shaped, blob on the screen and printed out for me. Now, I KNOW that is what many of you already think of the face pictures I’ve posted, but trust me, those are awesome compared to what I got yesterday! But of course, seeing my sweetie’s face wasn’t the primary goal of the visit. The baby still measures on the low end of average, but my doctor says that if she were having a baby, it is exactly the size baby she would want to have (so it’s okay by me that her head is only measuring around 37 weeks instead of 39…).
Not much progress from last week, but the doctor asked if I’d like her to “stir things up a little,” and I said, “why not?” So about 15 minutes later, getting into my car, I kind of wondered about my “why not” since I definitely felt “stirred up!” It was enough to make me hopeful that the contractions would continue to get stronger, but, unfortunately, the effects did not escalate, so here I am, still waiting.
I also found out that my doctor is going to be out of town the week after my due date, which has me a little concerned. If I don’t want to be induced before my doctor leaves and end up delivering while she’s gone, then the new doctor at the practice (who starts Monday and I will meet next Wednesday if I’m still pregnant) would deliver the baby. I’m not so crazy about that idea, so am tempted to go with the induction if it comes to that. Hopefully this little booger will just come before the 18th and I won’t have to worry about it. So keep THAT in your prayers!
5 comments:
Will do, Elizabeth (Re: keeping you in my prayers that Baby will arrive before the 18th)! :-)
Just remember Father of the Bride - Part 2. Annie's doctor was out of town when she delivered and she ended up with a WAY cool and awesome girl doctor (who even more cool sneakers from the company Steve Martin owned!).
Everything always has a way of working out for the better, so I'm not necessarily going to hope you deliver early. I'm going to hope you deliver when Baby Sanchez's timer has "dinged!" :-)
-Vicki
Hmmm...Just don't know what I think about having the unproven doctor who doesn't even start till Monday. I'll get to meet her first, so we'll see after that...
you mean before the 17th, dippy.
Babies can come on any day of the week, Helen Dear ;-).
Post a Comment