So, the counter tops look GREAT, but still no baby. Yesterday I finished getting out all the old grout, which turned out to be even more of a pain on the two remaining surfaces, because the sealant/caulk, whatever that was on top of the old grout, proved really hard to remove. By the end of the day though, I managed to have all the new grout in. Very Good! This evening the first two counter tops were dry enough to put on the sealant/colorant - antique white to match the aged backsplash grout I didn't replace. All in all, I am quite pleased with myself :-). Now on to the next project...
Since baby hasn't arrived yet, we were lucky enough to have dinner at our friend Alvaro 's house before he moved into St. Mary's Seminary today. Our friends were surprised to see us, but I was glad to have another chance to visit with them all before things are turned a little upside down. As always, the food was yummy - especially the tres leches - and the company enjoyable.
Also since baby hasn't arrived yet, Fred and I went to his sister's engagement lunch - a pomelaye (I know I butchered the spelling...) meal at Kim Son with both families. Lunch took care of the formalities of the engagement (Fred and I went through a similar meal) with Todd's parents asking my in-laws if Fiona could join their family. With all of the "officialness" aside, Todd pulled an engagement ring out of his pocket for Fiona. She had no clue that the ring was coming today, so it was a great surprise. Congrats to them both! I'm really glad we attended, but now, Baby, no more piddling around; time to come into the world!
1 comment:
Such exciting news for Fiona and Todd! Really glad you were able to make the big event, although I know you're ready for your OWN big event! ;-)
-Vicki
Post a Comment