Sunday, August 5, 2007

Nesting

38 Weeks, 5 Days
WOW! I cannot believe that we are almost there! Pregnancy has been quite a journey, but I know the real adventure is about to begin. We are about to burst with anticipation! I was in bed this morning enjoying the gentle feelings of my baby's movements and thinking about how much I already love this little booger. When I first saw the "+" on the stick, I was excited, but apprehensive, and honestly did not know what to feel. Were we ready for this? Who ever can be? We simply knew that there is no "Edit - Undo" (or Ctrl+z!) for the journey of blessings we'd started. Almost 9 months later, our hearts are filled with love and eagerness to meet our little one for the first time. God Bless everyone who has shared in our excitement.

As we come to the end, I can't believe how big my belly is getting! My whole belly now changes shape every time Baby Sanchez shifts positions. It is quite crazy to see. Also as we near the end, I've started NESTING like a crazy woman. I almost wish I "nested" all the time, because I would live in a much cleaner world. I've cooked casseroles to freeze, scrubbed the toilets, scrubbed the shower, scrubbed the sinks, windexed all the mirrors (though not yet all the windows), swept the whole house, vacuumed everywhere, vacuumed Maddie hair from under the furniture, (hoping to scrub the floors in the kitchen and bathrooms tomorrow), dusted EVERYTHING I could think of, cleaned the blinds in the nursery blind by blind, washed clothes for us and baby, washed sheets, boxed miscellaneous items to move to the attic, hung the curtains in the baby's room (thanks handyman Fred!), organized my shoes, hung a mirror on the bathroom door, wrapped my sister's graduation gift, weed whacked, and trimmed the rose bush. Even with doing all of that, I still managed to cook waffles for breakfast, cook dinner, watch a movie with Fred, go to church, have lunch out, go grocery shopping and to Bed Bath and Beyond, and write this post! The only thing I should have done but did NOT get to was finishing my Thank You notes. I'm sorry if that includes me not yet getting you yours, but I promise it is coming soon!

Okay so I said that was the only thing, but there are really about 20+ things running through my head that I want to finish before the baby arrives. I think I am driven by the knowledge that after the baby gets here, none of these things will be so easy to do, and we'll probably have plenty of visitors and I want a clean house! Poor Fred has kept up with me pretty well, all things considering, although I'm certain he secretly thinks I am crazy.


The Nursery is also as complete as it will be before Baby Sanchez arrives. I still haven't decided how to decorate the walls, but will probably buy some letters after I know which name to put up there. I am also still searching for the perfect shelves to adorn with photos and baby nick-knacks. There is no bumper for the crib yet; I picked one out to match that has since been discontinued. Now I'm tempted to wait until Baby Sanchez arrives so I can pick a bumper that lends more to a boy or to a girl. Also, check out the baby blanket Susan made us; it is hanging on the back of the crib. More nursery pictures posted below :-).

Queen-size bed availablefor crashing :-)
No teddy bears in the crib!

Demonstrating to Fred how the dresser/changing table works.
Baby changing station, dresser, hamper, and Diaper Genie, ready to go!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, do you REALLY need to get started with the diapers already? I'm sure you'll have plenty of it in no time!
love you
christy

Tasha said...

Wow - nesting sounds exhausting! I can't believe you did all of that stuff you listed out (I have a picture of you running around at fast forward speed)! The nursery looks GREAT and I'm dying of anticipation so I'm sure it's times a million for you guys! Yea!

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Everything looks fantastic, guys. Great job! Hey E, if you run out of things to clean - I've got a toilet you could scrub as well as a shower. Oh yeah, and the kichen floor could use a good mopping. Haha! ;-) - Vicki