Thursday, August 23, 2007

Waiting - From Conception to Birth

Today is August 23rd, I am 41 Weeks and 1 Day pregnant and am still waiting. Though I have learned many things about pregnancy, sometimes it feels like the biggest lesson is to have patience. First we spent two weeks waiting to find out if we were pregnant or not. Then I spent a couple of weeks waiting for my first doctor's appointment to make sure everything was good. We waited until I was 12 weeks pregnant before sharing the news with everyone.

I waited for the first trimester to come to a close in hopes that food would taste good again, the sink would no longer smell like rotting garbage, and that I could extend my bed time past 9 pm. Eagerly I looked for any sign that my tummy was growing and rejoiced in the first sign of a barely noticeable lump. I waited to feel that first baby movement, which came right at 16 weeks. Then we waited for those little movements to get big enough for Fred to feel. We waited eagerly for our first "big ultra sound" where they checked all of Baby Sanchez's parts and made sure he was healthy.

We were excited to see the end of the second trimester, and felt relief once we we reached the point when even the early arrival of Baby Sanchez would have been hard, but probably okay. We waited for test results that might have indicated any other problems. Finally, after 37 weeks of waiting, the most exciting waiting of all - for Baby Sanchez to arrive. I never really thought it would be almost the end of August before this little stinker got here, but here we are, still waiting.

3 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Just thought about something. What if Baby Sanchez is just waiting for the Sept 1st date for schools determining what grade you go into? What if he/she doesn't want to always be the youngest and wants to be born on or after Sept 1st??? :-)

-Vicki

Anonymous said...

i think the baby isnt coming out because you keep calling her "stinker" and "sucker" and other such names. maybe be nice so she will want to meet you.

yeah?

Elizabeth said...

My BP was a little high today, so I am glad this baby is coming Monday/Tuesday. September 1 would put me several days beyond overdue, though that is when my Dad gets back into the country.

AND I think I have been pretty nice to this baby all in all, letting my body be her house for the last 9 months, rent free. In addition, there are damages done to the structure that will NEVER be the same, and I'm not even going to charge for that.