Before:

The stained grout shown was actually under a slightly less stained layer of sealant that someone else did a poor job of putting down. Bleach does no good. Not all the grout looked this bad, but right next to the stove was worse! My solution? Cover it with a glass cutting board so no one could see it ;-). Not anymore! All in all, the tile is so chipped, it could be replaced, but I think this is a great makeover for starters. I'll add sealant after it has had a couple of days to dry.
After:

Still hoping this baby will make an appearance before Monday...
2 comments:
Wow E! The countertop looks great! Where's the cutting board going to go now, though??? ;-)
-Vicki
Haha - major nesting going on, I can see! I was thinking about you during the floods and hoping the baby wouldn't come in all of that craziness! Don't worry, won't be too much longer... :-)!
Post a Comment