Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Eviction Date Set

So after another visit to doctor-i-don't-like, who determined this baby doesn't seem to be any closer to coming than last week, and a non stress test that shows Baby Sanchez is indeed happy and healthy in his current home, we've scheduled an induction for next Monday night. Actually, though I'm not any more thrilled with the doctor, her take on the situation is exactly what I would have offered myself - I go back on Friday for another NST to make sure everything is still good, and have the induction on Monday, after Dr. Dryden gets back in town. Of course, Baby Sanchez could still show up before then, which of course would make me thrilled.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

So close, Elizabeth! Hang in there!!! :-)

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

I've been reading your blog since I saw it on Tasha's page and I just have to say, you're MUCH stronger than I am keeping that baby in there so long. By now, I think I would have cut the damn thing out on my own. Here in Oklahoma, it doesn't take much for them to induce (which I found weird but was very thankful for it) With both kids, they asked when I wanted to have the baby, and planned on it about a month ahead of time. With both of them, they induced me 5-10 days before my due date even hit! Like I said, I was VERY thankful, but found it odd!

You're doing great but I totally know how you feel! The enjoyable pregnant times are over and you've had your fun!

Elizabeth said...

Sometimes I still don't know if I'm going to make it! I'm keeping myself busy and trying not to let Fred drive me up the wall... :-) If I wasn't so paranoid about not having a c-section, I probably would have induced sooner; she would have let me any time after 40 weeks.

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

yay im so excited!!!