39 Weeks, 5 DaysSometimes it feels like this baby is never going to come. The waiting part is getting old fast! I think it would be easier if I didn't have contractions that amounted to nothing. Last night we were on our way out to a friend's party in The Woodlands when I had a few contractions that were a little more intense than usual. I kept noticing them at the party, but wasn't really paying attention to how they were timed or anything. After a few hours I noticed I'd had three in around 10 minutes, so I thought, eh, maybe we should head back towards home. Then on the car ride home they were coming 7, 6, then 5 minutes apart, with a little pain and discomfort that I assumed would be a better indicator of real labor. I was cautiously optimistic that "this was it!" Unfortunately, once we got home and I started trying to get a few last minute things in order, they stopped. What's the deal? I'll just keep trying all the "natural" induction things to see if something will work....
Its also been a scorcher here the last couple of days. Today, even though the AC didn't turn off, the house just wouldn't get cool! I finally called my Mom to make sure their pool was clean so I could go for a dip. Their pool is the best pool ever for hot summer days because it is entirely shaded by several large trees. Even though it is hard to keep out debris and leaves, the water stays very cool on the hottest days. It was the greatest dip ever! Not only did it cool me off when nothing else seemed to work, but whales are good in water for a reason ;-). I'm going to spend part of every day in the pool every day from now until the baby comes! It is so very relaxing and cool! With all of the rain we were getting this summer, the heat was really bearable up until now; thank goodness this pregnancy is almost over. I am not sure I could endure this for much longer.
(sorry, no energy for the pic today, will add one tomorrow...)
1 comment:
Good job at keeping cool, Elizabeth - we went to the lake this weekend and it was *hotter* than bath water, so I'm happy you have a cool place to relax! Sorry you had another moment that you thought could be it, but don't worry, it will be so soon and I can't WAIT to hear the great news!
Post a Comment