40 Weeks, 6 Days5 days overdue, and still no baby. I think this is driving Fred a little more nuts than me, but it isn't easy! Baby Sanchez is racking up the late fees! (Yes, the shirt I am wearing is one of the few that still fits!)
We kept very busy this weekend; I wore myself out, so I guess I am pretty glad this peanut didn't try to come last night - I never would have made it. Today was pretty much about taking it easy and recovering. I did finish the counter tops (finally!), did laundry, went grocery shopping, made dinner, and went walking. The guy behind the seafood counter at HEB thought I looked only 5 months pregnant, a nice boost when I feel like a whale.
We have another trip to doctor-i-don't-like tomorrow. They'll check my amniotic fluid levels and run a non-stress test to make sure the baby is coping okay with being overdue. I'm not exactly sure what this test will entail, so we'll see how it goes! No mater what, they will probably try to get me to schedule an induction. As great as it would be to hold our baby, I really don't want to be induced. Honestly, this pregnancy has been so good, I don't think there is much of a reason until we get closer to 42 weeks, unless something changes. Stats from my NFP book: 65% of babies are born within 7 days (either before or after) of the estimated due date, 85% within 10 days, and 99% within 14 days.
Meanwhile, I'm just trying to enjoy the quiet and freedom of each day instead of going bonkers over my big belly, because I know these are my last days of quiet and freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment